Wednesday, June 15

June 15: Learning to Cook

I decided to learn to cook, finally. I've never really done that much cooking. It takes too much time that I don't usually have. However, several reasons have forced me to change my mind. First of all, food in the United States is not very diverse. This is especially true if, like me, you are often eating later in at night. By the time I get off work, I am often not eating dinner until around 10:30pm. At this time there are very few places still open to get food. Of course McDonald's, Wendy's, Taco Bell etc are still open but none of these are healthy. (They are, in fact, quite the opposite.) Which brings me to my second reason, which is that food made at home is a lot healthier. It is hard to find healthy food, in general, in restaurants.


To start out my adventures in cooking, I tried to find some things that were quick and easy; something I could prepare and have waiting for dinner when I get home from work. So tonight, I've made two separate things that can easily be packed for a quick meal. The first is a pasta salad with a tomato parmesan dressing. Into the pasta I added tomatos, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and basil.


The other thing I made is not so much of a thing really. I made fruit salad with strawberries, kiwi, and a little bit of mango. I love fruit and it's really healthy for you so it's a win-win situation. Since I don't like most breakfast foods I prefer fruit, so I thought it would be nice to have some ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment